You know what to do at this point!
Should managing partners also practice law? [Stipulation: We ask in the context of medium to large firms--say, 50 to 100 lawyers and above.]
- Why are you assuming the managing partner needs to be a lawyer in the first place? (29%, 35 Votes)
- No; it's a full-time job to manage the firm and should obviously be recognized as such. Do CEO's work the production line or man the call desk? (28%, 34 Votes)
- Yes, part-time, but only for absolutely key clients of the firm. (22%, 26 Votes)
- Yes, part-time, for self-preservation so they'll have a landing pad when they step down. (16%, 19 Votes)
- Yes, full-time; otherwise they'll lose the respect of their partners. (5%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 120