|Using our proprietary “Merger-Score” toolkit, we can work with your firm to develop short lists of plausible merger targets or partners based on criteria you define, with our counsel.|
- Growth in client spending on legal services (in constant dollars) has more or less flat-lined. From a market that saw steady and strong growth, we have entered a new world, one of a battle for market share.
- One consequence of this zero-sum environment is that organic growth now requires all but the most fortunate of firms to take work away from others. In an industry of sticky client relationships and often unclear differentiation among firms, this is a difficult challenge.
- Finally, “legal services” are, for the first time at scale, being provided by organizations that are not law firms. This makes for an even steeper hill to climb to achieve organic growth.
Yet despite (or perhaps because of) the increase in merger activity, the industry continues to see combinations that appear baffling at best and ill-advised at worst.
Using our proprietary “Merger-Score” toolkit, we can work with your firm to develop short lists of plausible merger targets or partners based on criteria you define, with our counsel. We can then assist in:
- Analyzing the firms on the short list in more detail;
- Facilitating disclosed or undisclosed approaches;
- Advising you throughout the discussions and negotiations; and finally
- Provide a roadmap to post-merger integration.