You are warmly invited to attend the City of London launch event for our third and latest book, the just-published Tomorrowland: Scenarios for law firms beyond the horizon.
- Thursday 27 April
- 8:30 am
- In the heart of the City of London (venue to be finalized)
We hope all of you who can make it do, but as with all such events space is limited. To reserve your (free) spot, please email Rebecca Chapman of Riverview Law, which is graciously sponsoring the event.
In the meantime, here’s a bit more about Tomorrowland:
Tomorrowland lays out possible future scenarios for law firms, ranging from “nothing changes,” to profound dislocations brought about by developments such as lawyer psychology blocking essential reforms, a dramatic escalation in the war for talent, the triumph of brand names, genuine and useful machine intelligence, new entrants (including the Big Four) grabbing market share, and more. It doesn’t predict what will happen but explains what could, drawing widely from the history of other industries and broad experience with how markets evolve and change.
- “Must reading for every law firm managing partner, for every law firm partner, and for anyone interested in the future of Big Law. Extraordinarily well done and insightful; courageous and audacious. A tour de force.”—Brad Karp, Chair of the Firm, Paul Weiss
- “Covers some big territory very well and tests the edges of what is comfortable. Thoughtful and challenging; motivates the reader to pause and think, in spades.”—Mark Rigotti, Chief Executive Officer, Herbert Smith Freehills
- “No self-respecting law firm leader should be prepared to run the risk of leaving it unread.”—Charles Martin, Senior Partner, Macfarlanes [from the Foreword]
- “Masterful—a convergence of a lifetime of learning, and not just between the white lines of the legal industry.”—Peter Kalis, Chairman and Global Managing Partner, K&L Gates
We hope to see you there!