As we enter strategy, planning, and retreat season in advance of 2017, a quick recap of some of the ways we help our clients that they consistently find most valuable.
In today’s unforgiving marketplace, growing evidence points to the reality that firms outperforming their peers are those with clearly articulated, distinctive, and ambitious (but achievable) strategies. We have helped many firms of all types and sizes and in all geographies to develop, articulate, and enlist the partnership behind meaningful strategies, through an inclusive, data-driven, firm-specific process. Our work is bespoke and tailored to each firm; applying a “one size fits all” solution is offensive to us.
Incentives matter and lawyers consistently behave in ways designed to maximize their year-end rewards. Unfortunately, too many firms find themselves with a compensation system more the product of history and efforts to placate the most vocal than with a coherent and thoughtfully designed plan to promote a “one-firm firm” over the long run and reinforce a spirit of loyalty and “owner” behavior.
Retreats, Conference, & Workshops
The investments put into law firm retreats, both in time and money, can be considerable. We’ve worked with dozens of firms all over the world and other organizations to help ensure that the results more than justify the investment — as evidenced by the many clients who keep inviting us back.
Law firm merger activity continues to grow year on year, perhaps not surprising in our “battle for market share” world. We work with firms to approach these critical and transformative events with discipline, rigor, and strategic acuity.
Based in New York, we operate globally.
How we work:
- You will deal directly and only with our principals, with our decades of experience in law and business.
- In all engagements, we follow where our research and other available data lead us, basing our recommendations on each firm’s distinctions.
- We work collaboratively and flexibly, seeking your inputs and seeking all important partner buy-in.
- We will give you our unvarnished opinion and tell you what we think. But you are the client and we’ll be highly supportive of whatever decisions you take.
- Utmost discretion and probity are an unyielding principle.